Thursday, March 26, 2015

200 Words

Often times when I am at school, I expect to be learning something new and expanding my brain capacity, I hope to be flourishing in this environment created for this, instead my brain is scrambled between the letters scribbled up on the board and the thoughts racing in my own mind,-school, work, family, friends,- I am indifferent to the topic being presented, useless, just useless it seems,- I question whether I will ever need to know a unit circle when cooking my future kids dinner, or if I will absolutely need to know the square root of six when applying for jobs, or when I’m doing my taxes,- I doubt this, and soon I find myself in a flurry of anger rather than craving knowledge, we do not need what we are being taught,- we need to know how to cook, clean, and do our taxes not how to evaluate an expression or express chemical formulas,- yes school is important, but the real knowledge lies in experience and life, not conforming to the teachers idea of a model student that can just pass a test, memorization is now valued over wisdom and experience, and that scrambles my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment