Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Too Tired To Write

The wind crashes against my window with an almost peaceful sound, as the trees creak in the background. My eyes sit heavy upon my face as my fingers scan the keyboard for just the right words for this essay. I wish for nothing more than to stare at my eyelids for hours upon end, as the NyQuil I took is begging me to do. It pleads with my brain which is pushing me to finish my essay, sadly my brain wins again. The soft clicking of my fingers on the keyboard almost sounds like a lullaby as I continue on. I know if I wrap myself in my plush comforter my body will slowly paralyze, yet I do so anyway. The clicking slows down, and the words become shorter. My head sways to the side as I lose the will to stay awake any longer. I wish nothing but to get lost in nothingness for the next six hours, maybe seven if I don’t brush my hair, and just like that.. my essay was never finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment